One of the benefits our clients receive when they purchase a home with us is a home warranty. The best way to mitigate expenses on your home is to have a policy in place; it can be costly for repair and replacement, having a home warranty can bring you a sense of security and save you time because they have technicians available to help you. A few hundred dollars a year for a home warranty can save you thousands if an expensive item such as your water heater breaks.
Here are our top 5 reasons why you should buy a home warranty today!
1) Added Protection – A home warranty can complement standard homeowner’s insurance. Unlike homeowner’s insurance, a home warranty is a service contract that covers essential appliances and home system components when they break down due to normal wear and tear – items that most homeowners’ insurance policies do not cover. While a home warranty is a good accompaniment to standard homeowner’s insurance, it’s not a substitute for it.
2) Protect Your Budget – A home warranty can help protect your budget by covering many of a home’s major systems and appliances that can be normally expensive to repair and replace. A home warranty is a one-year service agreement that covers the repair or replacement of many major home system components and appliances that typically break down over time due to normal wear and tear, helping you plan for the unexpected.
3) Save Time – There are several times when you cannot DIY home repairs. This is reason enough to have a repairman fix your appliances and systems. At times, you would have to shop around and compare prices. A home warranty company takes care of all the hard work for you. Your warranty company has partnerships with licensed technicians and contractors all year round. Companies give you the option of calling for a request or submitting it online. After connecting with the home warranty company, the technician contacts you and sets up a suitable time. All things are streamlined for your convenience. This means that you do not have to spend time worrying and enjoy peace of mind.
4) Add Value to Your Home – Regardless of whether you are selling your home, it is a great marketing tool for potential buyers. It adds a significant amount of value to your home where both the seller and the buyer are protected from faulty appliances and systems. This means that as a seller you would not have the burden of having to spend a minimum of $3000 on maintenance and repair but you can check with your home warranty company to fix most issues. Also, as a buyer, you wouldn’t have to fight with your seller to fix things as you can engage with your home warranty and stay protected for a year since the purchase of the policy.
5) Peace of Mind – You can never be 100% certain that your appliances and systems will remain intact. Home warranty programs generally cover electrical, plumbing, water pipes, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, and home appliances. Specific home appliances that would be covered include the washer, dryer, oven, stove, and garbage disposal. You can sometimes purchase additional coverage for other parts of your home, such as your swimming pool, air conditioning, sump pump, etc.
Regardless of which state you live in, there is a home warranty company available to you. An annual plan will cost you anywhere between $300 to $600+ a year based on the company and the service request could cost you $50 to $125 per call. For example, a $1200 repair on an air-conditioner could be sorted with just a $75 service call.
If you have any questions about home warranties, drop us a note!